Export Trade Documents

Every exporter and importer knows this simple truth: the right paperwork is crucial. Missing or inaccurate documents increases risks, causes delays, generates needless costs, and jeopardizes deals.

CIBTvisas has the expertise, the years of experience, and the knowledgeable professionals to guarantee you get the documents you need in time, every time.

Our service couldn’t be simpler: submit your documents electronically and we’ll ensure accuracy and lodge them as soon as possible at the appropriate agency or government entity. You can track your document’s progress in real time and we’ll return them via courier or through encrypted transfer, within the hour in some cases.

Save Time. Get Peace of Mind. Focus on your core business.

With CIBTvisas you get a seasoned expert and single point of contact to manage your request. We’ll handle all that’s required: document validation, translations, data exchanges, notaries, stamps, and paying embassies and agencies in assorted currencies. Using CIBTvisas for your export and import documents lets you do what you do best: business.

Step 1
Select the document type that will be certified

Step 2
Receive order confirmation and required forms

Step 3
Upload the required documents to your secure portal

Step 4
Final documents shipped to your delivery address

Types of documents we typically process:

Certificates of Origin

A Certificate of Origin CO confirms the origin of the exported goods. It is usually issued for goods that are being sold abroad as a permanent export. A CO may be requested for commercial or customs reasons.

The authority responsible for the issuance of Certificates of Origin is the Chamber of Commerce and there are four types of certificates in use:

  • Arab Certificate of Origin - these are used exclusively for exports to the Arab League countries (excluding Egypt) and are processed together with the Commercial Invoice.
  • European Certificate of Origin - an European Community EC CO is used for non-Arab countries, Egypt and Iran (unless specifically requested for other Arab league countries.
  • Invoices and Packing Lists
  • Hajj and Umrah documents (certification only)

Regulatory Affairs Documents

Regulatory Documents contain qualification-specific rules and guidance and ensure compliance with any trading requirements and regulations that are in place.

The most common industry sectors where Regulatory Documents are common are:

  • Pharmaceutical
  • Cosmetic
  • Pesticidal
  • Biological
  • Medical Devices
  • Food and Agriculture

Regulatory Documents are generally issued by a national Competent Authority or a relevant organisation, which could be a trade association or government department.

EUR 1 & A.TR. Movement/Preference Certificate

A preference certificate is issued by EU exporters when the goods being exported qualify under a preferential trade agreement with specific countries. This certificate permits the goods to be imported into that country at a reduced rate of duty, in some cases zero duty.

There are many types of preferences and preference certificates, but the most common are the EUR 1 certificate and the A.TR certificate.

ATA Carnet

An ATA Carnet is an international customs export-import document and is the simplest duty-free and tax-free method of exporting non-perishable goods on a temporary basis.

Carnets are often referred to as 'Passports for goods' replacing the need for usual customs documentation. They allow fast, trouble free importation into countries belonging to the Carnet scheme without the need to pay duty and/or local tax at the time of import. They can be used for multiple trips, are valid for one year and cover over 70 countries.

Carnets can be used for three main categories of goods:

  1. Commercial samples (the Carnet is a commercial document, and as such values shown must reflect the current retail value in Switzerland.
  2. Goods for presentation or use at trade fairs, shows, exhibitions or similar events.
  3. Professional equipment (which is solely for use by, or under the personal supervision of the holder or their nominated representative).

ATA Carnets guarantee overseas customs authorities that all duties and taxes will be paid to them if the conditions under which they allow the goods into the country are breached.

Certificate of Free Sale

Certificates of Free Sale are required for goods exported to a 3rd Country who either do not have a regulatory framework for specific products, or want to accept the regulatory standard of the exporting country or trading bloc.

When exporting to third countries, companies are often asked to provide a Certificate of Free Sale CFS as part of their export dossier. A CFS is an attestation made by the EU Responsible Person that the product(s) complies with the EU Products Regulation and may be freely sold across the EU. A CFS is also regarded as a 'Certificate of Manufacture' or a 'Health' or 'Safety Certificate' by certain non-EU countries.